[lbo-talk] Proyect on black bloc

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Nov 9 02:31:25 PST 2011

Proyect seems unwilling to understand what a bloc is. It isn't an existing organization. It is an ad hoc group of people who decide to perform some sort of action within a protest. One of the reason they had feeder marches and convergences was so that this "black bloc" could lead the anti-capitalist protest.

A black bloc can simply be used to administer first aid. It can be a group dedicated toward diverting cop violence toward themselves and not the "peaceful" protest. It can be dedicated to helping people escape cops such as happened during, I think, protests at the Republican Convention -- or maybe it was with Critical Mass in NYC?.

One approach is to demonstrate without a permit or refuse to be penned in by police barricades.

The funny thing is, I reminded him of this on my facebook page 7 weeks ago and there was a huge discussion of this same thing in 199fucking9 on his list, pen-l, and lbo.

Jim Davis The B-Press will find something negative to write about even if the black bloc did not exist. One cannot live one's revolution in fear of the press. peace Jim Davis Ozark Bioregion, USA, Planet Gaia check out my books at: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=141735