[lbo-talk] black bloc

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 08:38:43 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> would find Joe's defenses of the Black Bloc more persuasive had he not
> shown
> a tendency himself on this list to engage in highly devisive rhetoric. His
> sneer at those who were bothered by losing power and air conditioning was
> too redolent of Weatherman rhetoric.

Carrol, has anyone ever told you that your strange recurring obsessions (the WUO) foremost among them) are symptomatic of a mind that's not entirely healthy?

> (His analyses of agreed-on facts must be
> judged on its own merits, but his assertion of facts calls for judging his
> trustworthiness.)

As far as trustworthiness goes, when I engage in ad hominem criticism (which I often find justified), I'm honest enough to admit it. Given your own ringing moralistic denunciations of them ("There is no logical error that is more offensive than an ad hominem argument -- or even a whiff of one"), I will wager that you are not.

But as we all learned long ago, intellectual consistency is not Prof. Cox's strong suit!