[lbo-talk] non-violence is the most powerful weapon we have

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 9 08:58:34 PST 2011

On 09/11/2011 16:47, Eric Beck wrote:
> Normally I wouldn't import extra-list stuff, but this is just too
> juicy to pass up: A member of the SWP charging some other political
> faction with elitism? Hi-fucking-larious. Is there any protest,
> action, or movement in the UK that you and your mates don't try force
> your leadership onto? Every accusation you make here perfectly
> describes the SWP's standard behavior.

Alas, this is the level of debate that Eric wants to have. What, exactly, would constitute 'forcing' one's 'leadership' onto a movement? Forming coalitions with trade unions and political activists? (Pace StW, UAF, Defend Council Housing, etc.) Selling newspapers? Attending meetings? Organising meetings? What exactly is it that you think the SWP does that constitutes 'forcing' its 'leadership'? Let's be even more specific. We have an Occupy movement in the UK. SWP members are involved. In what way is the SWP behaving that is analogous to the behaviour just described?