[lbo-talk] internal threats

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 9 09:19:37 PST 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Eric Beck wrote:

> This demand that one justify one's actions continues to amaze me,
> particularly its selective enforcement. Why should one have to know
> the effects of one's actions beforehand?

"Explain" would be nice. I've yet to hear how breaking the windows at Whole Foods advances the struggle. Myself, just to satisfy Carrol, I think it's somewhere between pointlessly silly to outright counterproductive. I'm all ears, though. Really.

> Ah, here we go. The appeal to provincial knowledge. I think you are
> missing the point. You think there can be an economic solution to this
> economic crisis. Fine, you are free to believe that (though I'd point
> out that bond traders concur 100%). But other people disagree with you
> and think the crisis can only be, or is best, addressed by political
> and social action.

Weird distinction. Even deficit spending is a form of political and social action.

And I'm not sure which bond traders you're referring to. Some are Keynesians, some are Austrians, all are looking to make a buck.

Doug