[lbo-talk] internal threats

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:15:53 PST 2011

Thanks for the insight into the actual situation on the ground (i.e. the history and material relations around this site): one would think that would be the first question in assessing or planning an action. I suppose there could be a variety of interpretations, but...

I would concede that, for a brief moment that morning, there was a Twitter meme about the WF manager telling employees they couldn't leave for the strike. Still doesn't justify the action (necessarily, particularly with your contribution) but the store was anxious enough about it to swiftly issue a statement that said they were allowing their employees to leave if they wanted. Don't know the truth either way and I admit I've been out of the (Extensive) loop of this conversation so sorry if all of this has been covered. Either way, just wanted to say I appreciate this input because it makes me question my own reflexive reaction to it, which is largely based on a national image of the store as being a fashionable paradigm of bourgeois evil (i.e. just askin' for it.)