[lbo-talk] unfairly maligned black bloc

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Nov 10 04:00:49 PST 2011

"The title of our session reminds me of that glorious week in Seattle back in December 1999. At that time, and for a little while afterwards, it seemed like a new movement had been born, and there was some real potential for transforming, or even overthrowing, capitalism. One of my favorite chants of that moment of carnival came from the unfairly maligned Black Bloc:

Capitalism? No thanks! We will burn your fucking banks!"

http://lbo-news.com/2009/04/20/nationalize-the-banks/

every contradiction has an explanation. I'm all a twitter at the prospect of reading it, especially if it might require, say, more than 5 sentences. *thrills and chills*