[lbo-talk] Penn State

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 10:54:30 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----

On Nov 10, 2011, at 9:36 AM, dperrin at comcast.net wrote:

As for the "serial rapist" Mr. Sandusky: there is no allegation I have seen that any of the young men with whom he had some form of sexual involvement were forced to do anything at all. Rape is *forced* sex, an act of loathsome violence. To use the term at all in relation to voluntary sexual encounters is to endorse the stupid puritanism enshrined in capitalist legal codes, to show utter contempt for the sexual autonomy of young gay people, and in the Penn State context it is a descent into vulgar homophobia. Shane Mage

-----

We are not talking about young men. We are talking about ten year old boys. There can be no such thing as consensual sex between a ten year old boy and an adult.

Period.

Joanna