[lbo-talk] Action and Feeling

Albert Sonntag styx55 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:56:20 PST 2011

But we cannot know with any certainty the reasons for our feelings. Isn't reason something that pertains only to, well, . . . Reason? Action is determined by both reason and feeling, but I think we can only account, - explain and understand -, our reasoning behind the action. Not our feelings. Didn't Kant resolve this matter? His three Critiques separate what we can know, what we ought to do and what we can hope for into three separate epistemological compartments. The body is only known as phenomenon.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

albert