[lbo-talk] 'Police Provocateurs stopped by union leader'

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:02:05 PST 2011

Suddenly I'm remembering that the same thing allegedly happened during the movement against Sarkozy's pension reform last year. The head of the CGT union federation went to the media to denounce the administration for putting provocateurs in the marches to smash stuff while disguised as "casseurs" (i.e. looters, vandals, rioters). This became sort of a big issue. The Le Monde website did a pretty well reported piece on this. Here's a translated excerpt. See the video at the link:

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2010/10/25/sur-le-web-des-rumeurs-croissantes-autour-de-policiers-casseurs_1430775_3224.html