[lbo-talk] Penn State

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:03:27 PST 2011

Joanna: "I don't believe the absolute dependency for life/death is there between what we call mutually consenting adults."

[WS:] Yup. This is the fundamental error and fallacy of neoliberal thinking, may it rot in a reeducation camp :). They believe that life begins with an individual and everything else follows from his/her preferences and consensus. But this patently false. Life begins with human collective (family,, community etc.) - for without it there will be no human life. Period. The human "individual" emerges around the age 14-16 and everything that he or she is owed to the community that nurtured him and infused him/her with what we call culture. So are we to believe these delusional neoliberal or libertarian sociopaths that these 16 or so formative years is chopped liver and life "really" begins with consenting adults? I do not think so.

Wojtek