[lbo-talk] Penn State

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:42:42 PST 2011

>> There's also the fact that the kids were part of a foundation Sandusky ran for "troubled young boys."
>
> Including, perhaps, a few whose troubles involved lack of sexual companionship?

Shane,

are you pretty much arguing that the 11-12 year olds had consensual sex with this coach guy? And that 11-12 year olds, contra Joanna, can in fact consent to sex with an adult? If you are, I would like to hear more on that from you,

—ravi

^^^^^ CB; Fear of being put out of the program could coerce them, which is non-physical "force". So, not only are they legally incompetent to consent because of their ages, but they may have, in legal terms, been under _duress_, which means it's not freely willed.