[lbo-talk] the political theater of the repressive state apparatus

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Nov 12 08:17:06 PST 2011

Carrol - not to worry, no one was going away or going to stop. We'd already found a warm place to hold GAs and were looking into alternatives for the winter.

I was busy, so I hadn't learned that at 8 pm the city reissued a permit for camping at a stadium parking lot, safely out of site from tourists and downtown office workers.

I don't know if they were hoping to demoralize people with the shoveling of everything into city dump trucks and the arrests, knowing they were going to reissue the permit at another location. Or if they just got so many phone calls and complaints from supporters they changed their mind. I know that, when you tried to call to find out if you could retrieve your stuff, they just hung up on everyone b/c there were so many people calling.