[lbo-talk] Subject: Re: the political theater of the repressive state apparatus

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Sat Nov 12 14:47:24 PST 2011

if the Occupy looks and feels and smells like a dangerous and militant slum than that's not quite the manifestation the will build a mass movement

the homeless & mental health problem alone could overload the camps

I hear that that NYPD are sending all the homeless to Zuccotti

if the failed Travellers building occupation action in Oakland was to re-house homeless, well, then we would be talking Occupy

apparently Butler's Army's occupation in DC, had the discipline and order of well, you know, the FUBAR military

I still feel really ominous about unfolding events .. lots of young people learning on the job, too much nostalgia for passed glories (which actually where huge fuck ups that we still live with the counter-revolution today)

lets not forget Reagan really got his start by smashing hippies in Berkeley