[lbo-talk] Corey Robin on AJE on Bluestocking panel

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:50:18 PST 2011

Eric: "I know this is tedious stuff"

[WS:] What it makes it tedious is the social context in which this is being discussed. It is like discussing the role of bankers in Nazi Germany - it is bound to degenerate into anti-Semitic diatribes, so a rational thing to do is to try to avoid the whole subject as much as possible. Pretty much the same holds for discussing the role of the state in the context of the US political culture - it is bound to degenerate into government bashing diatribes, so changing the subject looks like a reasonable way out.

Wojtek