[lbo-talk] UC Davis: Occupy Mrak Hall

Jordan Carroll jordanscarroll at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:09:34 PST 2011

Hello,

In response to proposed fee hikes, the continuing privatization of the university, and the police brutality in Berkeley, students at UC Davis marched on an administrative building (Mrak Hall) and have occupied it since yesterday at 2:30 p.m. While, in the past, police have arrested occupiers who remain after the building closes at 5 p.m., this time they allowed the protesters to stay all night. I had to leave fairly early yesterday, but they've kept a livestream open through all of the proceedings. So, I woke up this morning to watch the first general assembly of Occupy Mrak: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/uc-davis . (The magic of technology.) It seems like the UCD student movement of 2009 is coming back together again and is now even stronger than before.

Best,

Jordan