[lbo-talk] oddities

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 06:08:58 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 8:49 AM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

>> Also, other people keep insisting that anarchists can't organize, but
>> here they've been largely responsible for starting what many call the
>> most vibrant movement in the U.S. in decades. Why the need to keep
>> saying people don't understand and do things they are understanding
>> and doing at that very moment? It's very odd.
>

>>> The idea that anarchists are claiming ownership of OWS is odd.

There are plenty of real disagreements on this list, but lately for some reason the trend has been to make up fake disagreements for the purpose of starting pointless fights.

Exhibit A, the mind-numbing Corey Robin critique. Corey is surely critiquable, but this one reminded me of interminable grad school seminars filled with people who liked to hear themselves talk.

"Miller et. al. discuss 'tastes great' and 'less filling' as if these were two separate things, which overlooks the complex ways in which notions of flavor have been used to police the boundaries of fillingness as shown by De Certau's concept of 'amuse-bouche'....[blows brains out]."

SA