[lbo-talk] oddities

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:15:22 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

The idea that anarchists are claiming ownership of OWS is odd.

I haven't seen any do so. Nor would such a claim by them (or anyone else) withstand scrutiny.

However, anarchists did more than anyone else to lay the political and strategic groundwork for OWS through years of preliminary actions, some of them quite powerful ( http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/community-stands-strong-to-block-a-foreclosure), and some of which frankly seemed a little ill-advised at the time ( http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/20/students-end-nyu-building-takeover ).

In retrospect, I guess I'm grateful even for the latter. Perhaps occasional clusterfucks are the price we pay for much rarer moments like the present.