[lbo-talk] Folly Square -- well, no, not REALLY

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Nov 18 21:57:18 PST 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:26:53 -0600 "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> That there will be violence between now and 'then' goes without saying, but
> that actually offers no perspective at all on whether violence (or rather,
> law-breaking) on a given occasion is called for.

Right. Exactly. I don't know whether the way it happened yesterday was right or not. I tried in a very tentative and modest way to steer it it one direction, in my four square feet, but it went in another direction. How will we ever know who was right and who was wrong?

> We have to do more
> thinking than has been done so far

Thinking is good. Participating makes thinking more cogent, as I'm sure you would agree. This observation, which has a bit of a sting in its tail, is not directed at you. Obviously, I hope.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.