[lbo-talk] Their arguments are better than our arguments

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:36:27 PST 2011

MS wrote: Their arguments are better than our arguments.

FM: Meaning what? The former banker from Goldman Sachs is arguing for the ECB/IMF position that the economic meltdown of the EU was caused by irresponsible politicians from the marginal countries promising their voters the moon and putting their voters into debt. Yes, the financial institutions were somewhat involved, he concedes, but it's really the politicians who are to blame.  So it follows that the corrective measure is to revoke the debtors nations' sovereignty and to remove of any democratic or electoral obstacle that could get in the way of the installation of technocrats allied with the ECB to restructure and privatize the debtor nations' civil society. They had their chance at Democracy and they blew it. They elected Berlusconi and Papandreou and not Angela Merkel so they don't deserve their sovereignty. Scary stuff coming from those nice, well spoken representatives of the economic arm of the EU.