[lbo-talk] POC opposition to Occupy

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 18:08:56 PST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Chuck Grimes <c123grimes at att.net> wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what or who is POC?

> I assume it stands for an organization called, People of Color.

It might also be an organization, but I think shag used it in the more general sense of the term.

In some circles, it also means "prisoner of conscience."

When someone uses the acronym meaning one, and someone else hears it and thinks of the other, you have what Arabs call a "mushkula."