[lbo-talk] Questions from before the Global Minotaur...

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:35:21 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Charles Turner <vze26m98 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Starting to read Yanis Varoufakis book, and really wanted to know more
> about the Bretton Woods era. Can anyone recommend things to read?
>
> An overview would be helpful, but ultimately, I'm interested in what
> might be the "cultural impact" here in the U.S. of an economy (in
> Varoufakis' terms) organized around exporting industrial surplus to
> Europe and Japan. Views from Europe, and stuff connecting it to the
> Cold War also appreciated!

'Capitalism since 1945' by Glyn, Armstrong and Harrison is pretty good as a political-economic overview - definitely ties it to the Cold War.

'The Golden Age of Capitalism: reinterpreting the postwar experience', edited by Stephen Marglin and Juliet Schor, is a good collection of interlinked essays.

Mike