[lbo-talk] Something about before the minataur

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 21 12:34:16 PST 2011

I discussed it at some length on this list.

Edward P. Morgan, _What Really Happened to [sic] the 1960s: How Mass Media Culture Failed American Democracy_. Now available in paper back. The author has told me that the word "failed" was the publisher's word, not his, and he now regrets not resisting more. Probably the accurate word, to fit the book, would be "sabotaged" or "betrayed" or, perhaps, "Fucked." The book covers both the treatment of the '60s movements in the media but also the systematic campaign in the 1970s & '80s to crush the "too much democracy" that developed in the '60s. Powell figures prominently in a couple of the narratives. I've quoted long passages from the book in earlier posts.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Chuck Grimes Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 12:34 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Something about before the minataur

For some reason which I can't fathom, Carrol's posts never appear in my Inbox. So I go to LBO archives to find the email I don't get.

Morgan? Got a first name and title. I did a search and it seems Joanna ordered the book on Nov 12.