[lbo-talk] motherfuckers dealing with abstract, intangible shit up in Wall St.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 22 16:29:39 PST 2011

Shag:What does spontaneous mean?

Something happens someplace else.Mary Roe sees news of it, but she doesn't know who planned it or how it was planned, so she calls it "spontaneous." If she is Dogmatist A, she says "Yay." Let the good times roll, and goes back to reading the Masters from whom Dogma A comes: She worships the spontaneous. Dogmatist B she says, Shame on them: they don't fit the pattern. I knew you couldn't trust people on their own without the close supervision of a wise and disciplined party.

Of course she could say, I think we had better examine this new phenomenon. We must discover the Principles which moved it.

I do not believe there is such a thing, now or in the past, as a "spontaneous" political actions. There are only actions which the person viewing them does not know the sources of.

Carrol