[lbo-talk] Katha Pollitt on college football

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 24 09:26:58 PST 2011

On Nov 24, 2011, at 12:04 PM, Alan Rudy wrote:

> Yet I am pretty sure Dave Zirin doesn't want college sports, even Div.1
> college sports, abolished... his take is generally that sports mirror
> society which indicates the need for social change more'n the elimination
> of sports.

Calling for the abolition of college sports is such a total loser. Why make enemies you don't have to? It's just not a fight worth having. Yeah, too commercialized. Everything is too commercialized. But that's too much. I love Katha, but really, if there's anything that's going to make you sound like an Upper West Side elitist, it's this.

Doug