[lbo-talk] Questions from before the Global Minotaur...

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 25 20:13:27 PST 2011

At 06:18 PM 11/23/2011, Wojtek S wrote:

> From where I sit, a great deal of what passes for modern art has
>a rather low ratio of craftsmanship to showmanship, which tends to
>turn me off.

I don't like his stuff, but Jeff Koons is a very good craftsman. He's just one example. You'd have to be more specific to make this argument.

>Warhol is mostly gimmicks aimed to razzle dazzle the public.

This is simply not true. Like it or not (and like him or not) he was serious about his work, knew very much about art history and, like all good artists, was having a conversation with it.