[lbo-talk] Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:10:59 PST 2011

It's a column for chrissake not news. I read it as an alarmist attempt to goad reluctant parties to reach a solution, not doomsaying.

Euro collapse is probably the last thing that the FT types would want to see. And to be honest, whatever one may think of the eurozone, this would be a really bad thing for the 99 percent. As they say, the only thing worse than being exploited by capitalism is not being exploited by capitalism.

I really do not understand the tendency on the left to hope that an economic crisis will bring capitalism down and start a revo. There is plenty of historical evidence that it will not - at best it will dull labor militancy or whatever is left of it, at worst it will bring a fascist reaction. We have been on this road so many times that I find really surprising that anyone but the xenophobic right can look into the euro collapse.

Wojtek