[lbo-talk] How the Black Bloc Occupied Oakland

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 30 09:43:34 PST 2011

It seems to me that the Occupy explosion is going down with as much dignity as could be expected of any insurrection ('real' or 'virtual'). As I've said before, they had been victorious by the first few weeks: victory being the revival of left hopes and the transformation of national discourse which they had brought about. It now remains in the next year or two for the elements of a left in local regions to organize themselves to develop on the new terrain that OWS has created.

No need for weeping or childish complaints about this or that 'cause' for a non-existent defeat. Any possible complaint of that sort is childish in that like an infant with a skinned knee, they have reduced the world to irrelevant pimples.

Carroil

Carrol