[lbo-talk] Boots Riley on Black Bloc tactics

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:17:44 PST 2011

On 11/30/2011 1:36 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Thkat said, Riley's critique is of great importance in that it reasserts the
> grounds of ultra-leftism NOT in confidence but in the reverse: that is, all
> ultra-leftism tends to place great emphasis on the power of capitalism and
> the weakness of opposing forces. I had a brief exchange with Marv Gandall
> some months ago on this; he argued that ultra-leftism reflected
> over-conficence. But this has never been the case,

Yes, that's exactly right. I've been thinking about this in the past few days. The ultra-leftist currents floating around nowadays use a *tone* of confidence and bravado, but when you take the time to really listen to what they're saying, it's all about the permanence of capitalism and neoliberalism.

SA