[lbo-talk] On Chomsky's remark about Israeli society

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Oct 1 10:57:18 PDT 2011

On Oct 1, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Solidarity is not a sentiment.
>
> [...] Quite frankly, from reading your posts the main impression I get of your purpose is to build your ego: "I love Palestinians more than you do." I'm accusing you of beingore interested in demonstratingyour own political purity than in actually contributing to Palestinian liberation.

The two paragraphs above seem to contradict each other since Joe is the one(only one?) on this list actually in Palestine!

BTW FWIW I think Joe is wrong about Chomsky who has said that while the only fair solution is an equal rights single state the two state solution is The only thing that looks feasible and hence to be sought to improve the life of Palestinians. He might be wrong but I think that's not his old-time Zionism speaking.

-- ravi