[lbo-talk] Modern reading comprehension via FB

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sat Oct 1 21:55:45 PDT 2011

Actually I first asked why people marched across the BB. I still don't know the answer. The question you paraphrase was a response to all the characters who thought blocking the bridge was an admirable bit of civil disobedience.

Doug

I still think you are not seeing it. The flow of traffic is the flow of money materialized ... If you want to stop the economy dead, stop traffic. The flow of labor, goods, and services critically depends on the easy and efficient flow of traffic which is the flow of labor, goods, and services.

I seriously doubt those on the bridge understood this. You have to see the effect when buses, metro, and trucks stop, then business stops, when ships fill the bays, waiting idle. The money clock speeds across the minutes of its face....

The pissed off commuter is still labor denied, jobs not done while billions pour down the drain. Stage a strike of the port, transite, truckers, teachers, hospital and hotel workers and watch the miracle of the devolution of capital into the mire ladened abyss. All the furious computer capital speeding around the world does nothing to change the gaping wound of the stalled transaction bleeding out in real time of goods and services stopped in traffic.

I don't care if the commuter is pissed off, as long as they are sitting in a traffic jam, idling on premium in their gas guzzling SUVs. I don't want their sympathy or love, just their inability to work. and consume. Business is not usual in case nobody noticed. Get off the inbound lane and head home and gripe. Slap the kids and send them to a school that doesn't exist....