[lbo-talk] lbo-talk--mass arrests on Brooklyn Bridge

Chris Sturr sturr at dollarsandsense.org
Sun Oct 2 08:44:00 PDT 2011

Re: Doug's FB question: sounds like these two (possibly fabricated) quotes from today's NYPost:

"One irate driver, a Ground Zero construction worker, was livid. 'I work my ass off all day, and these goddamned hippies close down the Brooklyn Bridge so I can't get home?' he said. 'This ain't right!'"

"One officer told a protester the group was hurting the people they were supposedly rallying for by shutting down the bridge. 'Who do you think you're inconveniencing?' the cop asked. 'The 99 percent! The 1 percent are watching this from their penthouses.'"

Hardhats for Nixon!

Fyi, #OWS delegation just arrived at URPE membership meeting at the URPE "War on the Working Class" conference in Brooklyn.