[lbo-talk] Modern reading comprehension via FB

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:29:17 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I think Liza, Christian, and I need to do Activistism 2.0, for the era of social media. We can get real-time reports of arrests but nothing about strategy, tactics, or analysis.

The initial meeting for the OccupyAustin action, which is supposed to start this week, had as its main speaker a lawyer who apparently specializes in defending political protesters (!) and was mostly consumed with talk about how to avoid getting arrested, what to do if you do get arrested, what the cops can do when the arrest, etc.

Well, there was also the guy who said the occupation should also include a rain dance.