[lbo-talk] Cops for Labor?

Chris Sturr sturr at dollarsandsense.org
Mon Oct 3 11:54:31 PDT 2011

I just posted one of the feature articles from the current issue of Dollars & Sense--"Cops for Labor?" by Kristian Williams, about the role that cops have played in strikes and other labor protests over the years. The main point is the brief moment in the Wisconsin uprising when cops seemed to side with demonstrators (holding signs saying "Cops for Labor," "Deputies for Democracy," etc.) were the exception to the historical rule. I think it's a great piece--nice review of the evolution of police unions--and is relevant to some of the discussion here of the role of the cops in #OWS. Here's the link: http://dollarsandsense.org/archives/2011/0911williams.html.

-- -- Chris Sturr Co-editor, Dollars & Sense 29 Winter St. Boston, Mass. 02108 phone: 617-447-2177, ext. 205 fax: 617-447-2179 email: sturr at dollarsandsense.org