[lbo-talk] NYPD 'White Shirts'

Anonymous Account fubar1999 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 08:11:15 PDT 2011

Interesting NY Times article on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/03/nyregion/nypds-white-shirts-take-on-enforcer-role.html

>From the footage on the Brooklyn Bridge they appeared to be the
majority doing the arresting. Definitely an opening especially since there has been also uniformed veterans showing up in *support* of the occupation.

This is not your father's anti-war protest.

<This supports my speculation that the reason there are so many white shirts - officers - on the scene, making the arrests, and in the case of Bologna-head, pepper-spraying, is that they don't fully trust the rank and file. There's a <lot of discontent over pension in the ranks. The demonstrators have played that card, saying that "we're here to protect your pensions," and it may be having an effect.

<Cue Carrol Cox, if he's reading this, on why you can't play to the cops this way.

<Doug