[lbo-talk] "A tea party with brains"

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:56:45 PDT 2011

On 10/4/2011 10:55 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> While waiting for my car to get fixed this morning, I had breakfast at
> a restaurant in the so-hip Meatpacking District in Manhattan. Nearby,
> two hipster business guys, amidst talk of pageviews and typical stuff
> like that, started talking about OWS. I couldn't hear what they said
> about it, but I was struck that they were talking about it at all.

I'll relay an anecdote Bhaskar told me. He took a train up to New York last week and said that literally the first thing he overheard on disembarking in Penn Station was a conversation between two construction workers and a janitor. "Hey, did you hear about the college kids protesting the rich down on Wall St.?" This was said in a favorable tone.

SA