[lbo-talk] "so nice"

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 05:03:15 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-05, at 7:43 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> don't you know Graeber Doug? Ask him about the teach-in….who cares about self promotion. They are people who want to
> hear you…

Who more appropriate to speak at Occupy Wall Street than the radical author/critic of Wall Street?

And maybe try to persuade the organizers to allow you to use a bullhorn. This seems to me a free speech issue, an infringement on the right of assembly, and I'm surprised the city ordinance hasn't become part of the protest to date. I suspect it has to do with the appeal of the "collective bullhorn" to the participants, but as new forces enter the movement, there may be growing pressure to defy the prohibition, which would be a good thing.