[lbo-talk] NYC 10/14: a debate on #occupyws

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Wed Oct 5 16:25:56 PDT 2011

>> *Time: *Friday, 10/14. 7 pm.
>> *Location*: Bluestockings <http://bluestockings.com/> bookstore.
>> 172 Allen Street between Stanton and Rivington.
>> *With*: Jodi Dean, Doug Henwood, Malcolm Harris, and Natasha Lennard.
>> Seth
>> Ackerman moderates.
>
> That sounds like great discussion. If somebody could record it and post
> it, those of who can't come would very grateful.
>
> Michael

Certainly second that. Any central topic?

I'd like to hear about getting amplified sound at the park(?) so people can be heard. It was a very important demand in yore (FSM days). What is the ban about a city ordinance?

Here is a short interesting link:

http://maap.columbia.edu/place/6.html

It's about the early history of Foley Square. It was an execution ground and African American graveyard.

CG