[lbo-talk] The sound issue

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Wed Oct 5 18:06:45 PDT 2011

Okay, I found an answer to my question about sound. The answer is, it is still an open question and the GA is working on it. Pretty smart cookies.

I also noticed a complete absence of bile... CG

http://nycga.cc/2011/10/03/general-assembly-minutes-103-730-pm/

NEXT ON STACK: Echo: My questions are to can Friday and Saturday be an exception so that 10pm is Sunday through Thursday, also, can we or have we directly address nearbuy home owners and home owner assocations to reach out to the residents effected.

Response: We've now met twice with the local community board which represent residents of this area. This is a very residential neighborhood of mixed income.

I'm wondering why we are talking about applying for any type of government permit.

Decisions like that effect the whole group. Unless everyone agrees to break that rule, that's not something we would do. Normally we encourage individuals to act autonomously but not on matters that would impact the entire group. If we decided to make sound without a permit that could get us kicked out pretty fast.

I would like to ask a question is it possible seeing that appreciate the drummers role here, especially during the marches, if we could include them in this conversation.

POI: Issues that address the group are addressed at the GA. If you choose not to participate in the GA we can't help you.

If to be allowed to do anything we decide to ask the authorities for permission.

As someone who was arrested and given a ticket for using a megaphone I never asked permission from anyone but I also understand the importance of partnering with local residence in order to be able to stay here, which is why I propose that we ask them to support us in our request to the police.

Would it be possible in light of everyone hearing each other to address the drummers and request that they join us or play more softly during the GA.

They were playing right there I told them that we were starting a GA and they responded: By moving as far away as possible.

CLOSING STACK for questions