[lbo-talk] "so nice"

SK seth235 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 19:30:42 PDT 2011

Doug wrote:
>Insofar as anyone around OWS has thought about the Federal Reserve, many seemed to have picked up some ideas from Paul. There's a video rant making the round by a
> guy who blames the Fed's "printing money" for the high price of gas and rent. Where to start with something like that?

I'm looking at something that was handed out last night as people were going into the meeting. On one side it has a picture of Obama and Paul - Obama the War person, Paul the Peace person.

On the other side it says: (um, emphasis in original)

The Federal Reserve and its member banks own BOTH parties in Washington, and forced the banker bailouts that benefited ONLY themselves!

The Federal Reserve System is the enabler of all congressional deficit spending, funding the Military Industrial Complex abroad while we suffer at home.

The Fed allows the U.S. to support brutal dictators around the globe and murder 10's of thousands of people of color in your name, while they claim to be "spreading democracy" and humanitarian aid.

They murder abroad, we suffer at home. The Fed OWNS Wall St. and Washington.

OCCUPY THE FED END THE FED END THE WARS

--------------- I don't want to overstate this. There were just one or two guys outside who were the ones handing out this, while there were plenty of other people handing out very fine and admirable stuff about public education, etc. But it all fits. The Fed and the military industrial complex and corporations are some sort of alien cancer that government has imposed upon the free market, and if only they can be gotten rid of the glories of true capitalism and liberty will surface once again.