[lbo-talk] not my revolution, so i'm taking my marbles and i'm going home now. kthxbai!

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:01:48 PDT 2011

Carrol Cox:

>There are quite a scattering of people who dream of what they call
refoundation -- and these are people
>who unlike Dean have actual
experience in mass politics

>I've just read a bit of Den, plus comments on her on this
list, but she doesn't seem to have the foggiest idea
>of where actual
Parties come from or the conditions and practices which make them possible

Eric Beck:

>anyone who gets their politics from
watching the world rather than from reading Zizek

JG:

I don't have a huge problem with Dean's "presumptuous" -- commentators will commentate -- or her so-called "Leninist" politics. Let a thousand schools of thought contend and all that. I'm just very skeptical about her credibility to write and speak authoritatively about what she writes and speaks about, for the reasons excerpted above. Maybe she will prove me wrong