[lbo-talk] Jobs

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:26:38 PDT 2011

Fernando: "Another hyped monopolist bites the dust."

[WS:] That crossed my mind too when I read about it, but it also made me sad. I do not quite know why, because I never used Apple products, do not own Apple stock, and have been pretty dismissive of the Apple hype. The only thing that comes to mind is a quotation from Orwell: "compared with the other leading [...] figures of our time, how clean a smell he has managed to leave behind." I think it is that clean smell that makes me sad.

Having said this, however, what I find really annoying is the Randian infatuation with celebrities and leader figures that permeates the entire American culture, even on the left. It really makes me nauseous.

Wojtek