[lbo-talk] Apple's Rotten Core

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Oct 6 10:58:27 PDT 2011

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, Dennis Redmond wrote:

> Wages must go up. Everywhere. Chinese assemblers, Congolese miners, US
> retail workers, transnational consumers, we're all in this together.

I totally agree of course. But we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that between tight markets and very courageous wildcat actions, Chinese workers are raising their wages before our eyes. A recent Economist article said average Chinese manufacturing wages were up 69% between 2005 and 2010.

http://www.economist.com/node/18682182

Michael