[lbo-talk] zizek, lenin, parties, srsly?

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:19:22 PDT 2011

Well, I have problems with Jodi Dean's approach and rhetoric and I think Zizek's better as an entertaining provocateur than he is at soberly interpreting Lenin. I rely on Lars Lih and others for that. (And for that matter, I'm more interested in the early SPD.) But I do think a these discussions about organization and "the Party" are useful. If you're interested, I wrote a short blog post that critiqued Dean's last talk here: http://jacobinmag.com/blog/?p=1337 ... some of my only ranty thoughts are at the bottom.