[lbo-talk] not my revolution, so i'm taking my marbles and i'm going

Evergreen Readers and Writers editor at evergreenreaders.com
Thu Oct 6 17:46:27 PDT 2011

Every movement and every "revolution" isn't worth supporting, especially when you know and you can foresee clearly that the fruits of the success of that movement or "revolution" are only going to harm your class and the general humanity for a long time ahead, and if you can understand that the movement has the potential of derailing the prospect of human evolution and forward march.

For example, the so-called movement for freedom in Hindustan (i.e. India, Pakistan and Bangladesh)--it divided the subcontinent into three dirty and decomposed places, that for sixty years now have had the sole job of sitting at the threshold of their media houses and parliaments and brawl at one another loudly. Instead of Governor Generals appointed by the queen and parliament of England, for a small term of a decade or so, there is a fixed dynasty of widows in India, that can't be removed. Instead of the English governor general, India has much inferior stuff, a lady imported from Italy, and power thrust over her. Instead of the British Police Officers and Judges and their Indian subordinates, there is all Indian rot called judiciary and police--God save from both of them!

And the condition of Pakistan and Bangladesh is worse.

Besides, that so-called freedom of Hindustan was in fact a manifest hell. Ten million poor people were sent running for their lives away from their homes. The road from Lahore to Amritsar was full of corpses--with at least one corpse in every meter along the length of the road. Adjoining fields, places etc. were far worse than any imaginable hell. One millions people--just born children to extraordinarily old one--were slaughtered in a couple of months.

Could any real revolutionary support such a "revolution"? I would not, not even in my dreams. I could only be its victim, I could as well be massacred in the street; but I would prefer to die as its victim than benefit myself from becoming a participant in that.

Surely no sane and responsible working class fellow could support such a hell or "revolution". As far the bourgeoisie and their media, it was a great thing. Their hearts are charmed at the marvels they have produced--millions of corpses, hundreds of millions of starving or half-starving, illiterate, living-as-beasts-of-burden people in whose name and upon who are ruling the predators, or beasts-of-prey as they are commonly called. And a thoroughly rotten (in every sector life, and in every sense of the word) system and society, where there is no breathing space for any actual human being, leave alone the space for any sensitive or brave fellow.

But what is required is screaming at the top of your voice: "I do not support this movement...I am against it..It will not benefit my class..."

Zihannasheen