[lbo-talk] Jobs

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 06:05:48 PDT 2011

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-build-a-500-ipad-for-240/

[WS:] Please note the boutique pricing scheme - the "high end" (64GB w 3G) model costs $116 to produce, but its retail price is $330 higher. Functionally, Ipad is piece of shit in my opinion, far inferior to a netbook that sells for $270 but does not have a "boutique" appearance.

It is difficult not to see an appeal to snobbery/class status here, which shag mentions.

Wojtek