[lbo-talk] OWS Teach-In: Where to start?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 7 08:05:19 PDT 2011

On 10/7/2011 9:23 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I'm going to write something on this for my radio commentary later today, and I'll post the text when I do.

The True Believers are perhaps beyond help. I don't know how to characterize those who don't hold this nonsense already but might be tempted by it. But that is the audience you need to aim at. It would be interesting to gather a focus group of people who might say something like this: I think 'they' are wrong, but I don't know, they seem to have some good points. Interviewing a group that thought something like that might tell us something about the appeal of The Loonies to people still sane but tempted.

Carrol