[lbo-talk] think progress coops OWS for the dems! yay!

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Oct 7 14:21:08 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- > On Oct 7, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:

>> Chairman Van Jones is a crafty one.
>
> He is really good at what he does. We've seen him on TV twice now - last
> night on the awful Ed Show, which is just rank Dem propaganda. But Jones
> can talk. No one ever asks him when he stopped believing that political
> power grows out of the barrel of a gun, though maybe he still does.

Doug

If you scroll all the way down the page to the bottom you see Center for American Progress, which is the liberal front for the Democrats. This is why the early decision to Occupy Wall Street in NYC instead of DC. (Guessing)

It's classic co-optation or the Gates embrace and extend market tool.

Words like Wall Street, Banks, War, etc have been erased. The next step is for 99% to enter the DC media mill and circulate around for a week or so... replaying the screaming right media at the more composed Democrats who try to co-opt a popular base by appearing to be `reasonable' and `understanding'... by not using words like Wall Street, Banks, War, about which they have done nothing or worse...which was why the base deserted them...

All of which was why I threw my tv out. I am pretty sure a lot of the #OWS crew knows all this.

CG