[lbo-talk] OWS: Barack Obama and the failure of capitalist 'democracy'

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Oct 7 17:15:46 PDT 2011

recommended by @occupywallSt http://vimeo.com/20355767

the only question is,will OWS still get love from Charles Brown once he sees this attack on Barack?

the video is an overview of the way that radical and progressive social movements are co-opted, where the two parties play good cop/bad cop, with the democrats pretending to be for reforms that meet the demands of the movement, etc.

According to Taryn: "This video was recommended by @OccupyWallSt. Obviously, this is a leaderless movement and this is not an official statement. But this framing of the issues is consistent with a good deal of what I hear from many of the occupiers. It's almost two hours long, but interesting in its own right and, I think, useful if you're looking to understand the Occupy movement."