[lbo-talk] Jobs

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Fri Oct 7 21:04:42 PDT 2011

Quite a few pro-capitalists trot out Steve Jobs as the best representative of capitalists. (Appropriate to choose someone known for sociopathic acts. Phrases like the "hero/shithead rollercoaster" were coined for him.)

A couple days ago, someone even admiringly called him an "unrepentant capitalist," apparently a good thing. I guess that's in contrast to the repentant Google billionaires who explicitly struggle with their own "evil", Warren Buffett who complains about winning class warfare, etc.

Of course, it's pure selection bias. They're selecting the individual they think will have the most favorable... or let's say least disgusting... impression on listeners. (Simple: who surrounds himself with the highest rated corporate PR campaigns?) Obviously it'd be more honest to select an average capitalist rather than the most extreme outlier. But their best outlier is awful enough...

All the best,

Tj