[lbo-talk] Zizek speech to OWS

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 09:03:37 PDT 2011

Eric Beck:

"...a book and video lecture series called Capitalism Hits the Fan. I tried to read the book but found it tediously, even condescendingly introductory."

John Gulick:

That book is not written for the likes of you, or me. It's pitched to a more lay and potentially convertible audience. As you know. Doing those talks and writing this book prepped Wolff for making a big, positive contribution to the Occupations. He's the perfect person for tying together bare-bones Marxist analysis and workers' democracy politics for the Occcupiers and symps, something they badly need. Incidentally I'm not saying his political economy is mine, or his ideology is mine, or his style is mine -- all of which is neither here nor there. But his contributions are hugely constructive, not Zizekian preening.

Now I am REALLY getting off LBO-talk for the day. See you...